In today’s world, fashion is mostly found on the internet. Big companies can talk to the people they want to sell things to without spending too much money on big signs or ads in magazines.
People now like to shop online for the latest clothes instead of going to stores. Even the big shops are learning how to use the internet to sell things.
Today, we want to tell you about Fabindia and how they use the internet to sell their things.
Fabindia is a company that sells all kinds of things, like clothes and food. They started small but became very big.
They learned that to be successful online, they need to do a few things:
- Make sure their website works well on phones.
- Write good words about their stuff so people can find them on the internet.
- Use special codes to make sure search engines understand their website better.
- Know what words people use to look for things online and use those words in their writing.
- Fabindia uses social media like Instagram and Facebook to show its stuff and talk to its customers. They also work with famous people and initiate giveaways to make more people like them.
They pay Google to show their stuff to people when they search online. This helps them sell more things.
So, Fabindia uses the internet in smart ways to sell their stuff, and that’s why they’re doing well online.
Let’s deep dive into Fabindia’s Digital Marketing strategies with broader lenses.
Founded in 1960 by John Bissell, Fabindia started as a company dedicated to promoting India’s rich craft traditions. Their initial focus was on exporting home furnishings, but they later expanded their horizons. To open their first retail location in Greater Kailash, New Delhi, it took them fifteen years. By the early 1980s, Fabindia had gained recognition for their garments crafted from handwoven and hand-printed fabrics.
As they continued to grow, Fabindia diversified their product range. In 2000, they introduced non-textile items to their offerings. In 2004, recognizing the importance of sustainable practices, they added organic foods to their inventory, followed by personal care products in 2006. In 2008, they ventured into handcrafted jewelry.
Today, Fabindia has a widespread presence across India, serving as the largest private platform for products rooted in traditional crafts and knowledge. They source a significant portion of their products from villages across India, actively collaborating with artisans. This partnership involves providing various forms of support, such as design assistance, quality control, access to financing, and raw materials.
Fabindia’s core mission is to provide customers with a range of products and lifestyles that offer alternatives to mass-produced goods while simultaneously creating sustainable employment opportunities in rural areas. Their belief is that supporting and encouraging good craftsmanship can make a significant difference in people’s lives.
Their product range spans the country, emphasizing indigenous craft techniques blended with contemporary designs. They prioritize the handmade element in their products, whether it’s handwoven textiles, hand block printing, hand embroidery, or crafting home products.
In addition to their product offerings, Fabindia has also ventured into education. They established The Fabindia School in Bali, Rajasthan, which is a co-ed private school catering to students from pre-school through Class XII. Since its inception in 1992 with just 11 students, the school has grown to accommodate nearly 500 students, with more than 50% female enrollment. The school offers a wide choice of extracurricular programmes in addition to in-depth academic courses since it believes in a holistic approach to education. The dedication to sustainability displayed by Fabindia is one noteworthy feature. Their food items have obtained organic certification, guaranteeing that they abide by regional and global norms. These products are marked with logos denoting their organic status, whether they are “Fully Certified” Organic (Green logo), “In Conversion” (Blue logo), or “Natural” (Yellow logo).
Over 55,000 rural artisans have been successfully connected by Fabindia with contemporary urban markets, creating prospects for skilled and sustainable rural employment while preserving India’s traditional handicrafts.
Their products are known for being natural, craft-based, contemporary, and affordable.
Fabindia’s journey from its inception in 1960 as a promoter of India’s craft traditions to its current status as India’s largest private platform for traditional and sustainable products is a testament to its commitment to craftsmanship, sustainability, and community development. They continue to uphold their founder’s vision of creating a fair and equitable relationship with producers and maintaining the quality that defines their reputation. Their impact extends beyond commerce, with initiatives like The Fabindia School contributing to holistic education and empowerment in rural areas. Fabindia’s legacy is built on promoting India’s heritage and traditions while embracing modern design and sustainable practices.
Marketing Mix of Fabindia
Fabindia sells a wide range of products, like clothes for men, women, and kids, along with home furnishings, furniture, personal care stuff, organic items, and even Western clothes. They keep the same products in all their stores.
Fabindia mainly targets middle-class folks in India and other countries. They usually set prices that are competitive with other similar products. Sometimes, they have different prices for products of varying quality. This helps them attract different types of customers. They also add a bit more cost because people like handmade and organic stuff.
Place & Distribution Strategy:
Fabindia sends its products to over 33 countries, including clothes and home stuff. They have lots of stores in India and a few abroad. You can also buy their stuff online or on websites like Amazon and Flipkart. Fabindia supplies products to other shops and uses both fancy stores and traditional ways to sell stuff.
Promotion & Advertising Strategy:
Fabindia’s ads talk about how they give jobs to rural artisans and make handmade products. They use social media like Facebook and Twitter to talk to people. They’ve even started making TV ads and ads on websites like YouTube. For business customers, Fabindia can make special products and help with home decorating.
Fabindia cares about giving jobs to people in rural areas and helping women. Many of their workers even own a part of the company, which makes them care more about what they do. They hire folks who believe in what they stand for and teach them new skills.
Fabindia lets people in rural areas own some of the companies that make their products. They take care of making the stuff and then sell it to Fabindia’s shops. They also use computers to sell things online.
Fabindia’s shops look really nice and show off their Indian style. They use pretty designs and special wooden screens. Fabindia has won awards for helping rural craftspeople and even got studied by Harvard Business School. People also like to work for them.
Social Media Strategies of Fabindia
Fabindia on Instagram
Fabindia has an impressive following of 9,32,000 followers and around 1,189 posts on Instagram.
Now, having so many followers is like having a big crowd at a party. It means more people are interested in what Fabindia is doing and showing.
A unique advantage is that when Fabindia posts something, all those followers see it. It’s like having a big audience cheering for them, and that can make Fabindia feel really special. Plus, when more people see Fabindia, more people might want to buy from them, and that’s a win!
Let’s look at the type of posts Fabindia posts on their Instagram.
Sharing reels on Instagram offers clothing brands a dynamic platform to showcase their products.
These short videos allow brands to exhibit their clothing in real-life situations, providing potential customers with a more vivid and engaging view of their offerings.
By demonstrating how the garments fit, move, and complement various styles, brands can effectively communicate their unique selling points.
This can lead to increased customer engagement and, ultimately, more sales. In essence, Instagram reels serve as a modern and visually appealing marketing tool that can significantly benefit clothing brands in reaching and captivating their target audience.
View this post on Instagram
Festive post in carousel post
Carousel posts on Instagram during the festive season provide clothing brands with a creative canvas.
By showcasing a variety of festive outfits in a single post, brands can offer customers multiple styling options at once.
This not only saves time but also sparks inspiration, making it easier for shoppers to envision their ideal festive look.
The swipe-through format engages viewers and encourages them to explore the brand’s offerings, potentially leading to increased sales and a stronger festive presence.
View this post on Instagram
3) Collbarotaive posts
Fabindia and LensKart teamed up on Instagram to showcase their new arrivals. These joint posts bring extra perks for brands.
They introduce each other to their followers, reaching new people. What’s special is that both brands benefit – Fabindia lovers discover stylish eyewear, while LensKart fans explore ethnic fashion. This sharing boosts brand recognition and might lead to more collaborations in the future, which is a win-win for both companies.
4) New Arrival
Fabindia frequently shares new arrival posts, and one unique advantage is the sense of exclusivity it creates.
When customers see fresh products, they feel like insiders, having access to the latest trends and styles. This can make them more excited to shop and stay engaged with the brand, fostering a sense of loyalty and anticipation for future releases.
2) Fabindia on Facebook
Fabindia has a big Facebook fan club with 5,65,000 followers and 5,45,000 likes. Advertising on Facebook is like shouting about your brand in a big, bustling market. More followers mean more people hearing about Fabindia, and this can make the brand seem more popular and trustworthy.
Some of the creative posts from Fabindia Facebook include:
SEO Strategies of Fabindia
Fabindia’s website is designed to work seamlessly on mobile devices. This mobile-friendly approach brings a unique advantage when it comes to search engine optimization (SEO). Search engines, such as Google, prioritize mobile-friendly websites in their rankings.
This means that Fabindia’s website is more likely to appear at the top of search results when people look for their products or services online.
This advantage enhances their online visibility, making it easier for potential customers to find and engage with their website, ultimately contributing to their online success.
Fabindia’s website garners significant organic traffic, with 62,42,000 visitors and an additional 18,57,000 from paid sources, totaling nearly 1.4 million backlinks.
This noteworthy organic traffic is largely attributed to their robust backlink profile, notably high-quality do-follow backlinks.
These backlinks are like recommendations from trustworthy websites, making Fabindia’s site look more reliable to search engines.
The unique advantage of possessing strong do-follow backlinks lies in the trust and authority they confer.
Search engines perceive websites with such backlinks as dependable and suitable, resulting in improved search engine rankings.
This heightened visibility ensures Fabindia’s website attracts more organic traffic, as well as users genuinely interested in their offerings.
Consequently, this not only enhances the website’s SEO but also drives potential customers, fostering increased online success for Fabindia.
Google Ads Strategies by Fabindia
Fabindia, a renowned Indian clothing brand, has employed a range of Google Ads strategies to enhance its digital marketing efforts. These strategies are tailored to their specific goals and have contributed to their online success.
1. Search Ads:
Fabindia uses Google’s search ads to appear at the top of search engine results pages (SERPs) when users look for clothing, traditional Indian wear, or related keywords. Their strategy involves bidding on relevant keywords like “ethnic clothing,” “handmade fashion,” and “traditional Indian wear” to ensure visibility.
2. Display Ads:
Fabindia utilizes display ads to showcase its diverse product range across the Google Display Network. These visually appealing ads can be seen on various websites and apps. Their strategy includes using eye-catching visuals of their clothing and accessories to capture the audience’s attention and drive traffic to their website.
3. Shopping Ads:
For e-commerce, Fabindia leverages Google Shopping ads, displaying product images, prices, and store information. These ads are highly effective for showcasing their extensive product catalog. Their strategy focuses on optimizing product feeds, utilizing competitive pricing, and highlighting unique selling points to attract potential buyers.
4. Video Ads (YouTube):
Fabindia recognizes the power of video marketing and runs YouTube ads to engage a wider audience. They create visually appealing videos showcasing their clothing collections, craftsmanship, and the stories behind their products. The strategy involves targeting users interested in fashion and traditional wear, thus increasing brand awareness and driving traffic to their website.
5. Remarketing Ads:
To re-engage website visitors and encourage them to complete a purchase, Fabindia implements remarketing ads. These personalized ads remind users of the products they viewed on the website. Their strategy includes segmenting audiences based on their interactions with the site and tailoring ad content accordingly.
6. Local Inventory Ads:
Fabindia has physical stores across India, and they use Local Inventory Ads to drive foot traffic to these stores. When potential customers search for nearby clothing stores, Fabindia’s ads appear with information about available products in nearby outlets. Their strategy includes keeping inventory data up-to-date and highlighting special promotions for in-store visitors.
7. Dynamic Search Ads (DSA):
To ensure they capture relevant search traffic without creating countless ad campaigns, Fabindia employs Dynamic Search Ads. These ads dynamically generate headlines based on user queries and the content of their website. Fabindia’s strategy involves using DSA to cover a wide range of long-tail keywords and products.
8. Smart Bidding Strategies:
Fabindia uses Google’s automated bidding strategies like Target ROAS (Return on Ad Spend) and Maximize Conversions to optimize their ad performance. This strategy helps them allocate their budget efficiently and maximize their return on investment.
Key Takeaways from the blog
- In today’s digital age, the fashion industry has shifted primarily to the internet. Companies, big and small, can effectively connect with their target audience online without the need for expensive traditional advertising methods.
- Fabindia’s journey began in 1960 with a mission to promote India’s rich craft traditions. Over the years, it expanded its product range, including clothing, home furnishings, organic foods, and more.
- Their unique approach involves collaborating with rural artisans across India. They provide support, from design assistance to quality control, while also offering fair employment opportunities. This commitment aligns with their goal of preserving India’s traditional handicrafts.
- Fabindia ensures its website functions seamlessly on mobile devices, recognizing the significance of mobile commerce.
- The company utilizes well-crafted content and special codes to enhance its visibility on search engines.
- Fabindia identifies and uses relevant keywords that people commonly search for online, improving their online presence.
- Fabindia engages with its audience through platforms like Instagram and Facebook, showcasing its products and interacting with customers. They also collaborate with influencers and run giveaways to expand their reach.
- The company invests in paid advertising through Google to reach potential customers actively searching for their products online.
- Marketing Mix Strategies: Fabindia follows a comprehensive marketing mix:
- Product Range: Fabindia offers a wide array of products, catering to various customer preferences.
- Pricing Strategy: They target the middle-class demographic by setting competitive prices, even for premium handmade and organic products.
- Distribution Channels: Fabindia sells its products in physical stores, online, and through third-party e-commerce platforms like Amazon and Flipkart.
- Promotion and Advertising: Their marketing campaigns focus on job creation for rural artisans and the production of handmade goods. They employ social media, television, and online ads to reach a broader audience.
- People-Centric Approach: Fabindia’s commitment to empowering rural workers, especially women, fosters a strong connection between its employees and the company’s mission.
- Sustainable Processes: Fabindia emphasizes sustainability in its products, with organic certifications for its food items. This commitment aligns with global environmental norms.
- Physical Evidence: Fabindia’s stores are designed to showcase Indian aesthetics, enhancing the overall shopping experience. Their dedication to preserving Indian heritage and traditions is recognized with awards and even a study by Harvard Business School.
- Fabindia’s Instagram account boasts a substantial following. Leveraging Instagram Reels and creative posts allows them to provide a dynamic and engaging platform for showcasing their products, increasing customer engagement and sales.
- They utilize carousel posts on Instagram to capture the essence of Indian festivals, aligning their promotions with the cultural calendar.
- Fabindia’s success in the digital age is a testament to their commitment to Indian craftsmanship, sustainability, and community development. They have effectively harnessed digital marketing strategies, especially on social media platforms, to engage with their audience and showcase their unique products while staying true to their mission of promoting traditional Indian arts and crafts.
In this brief study, we’ve delved into Fabindia’s digital marketing strategies, revealing the essence of their success in the online world. Through a blend of humor and simplicity, we’ve explored the strategies that have propelled Fabindia into the digital limelight.
From their engaging Facebook presence, where they connect with over 565K followers, to their vibrant Instagram profile with 545K likes, we’ve examined the advantages of these social media platforms. Fabindia’s mobile-friendly website, with its user-friendly design, has not only enhanced their SEO but also provided a seamless experience for visitors.
And when it comes to advertising, Fabindia’s unique Google Ads strategies have set them apart. By creatively utilizing various ad formats and harnessing the power of targeted keywords, they’ve ensured a strong online presence.
In short, Fabindia’s digital marketing strategies exemplify a harmonious blend of tradition and innovation. With a focus on simplicity and user engagement, they’ve managed to capture the hearts of their audience. From Facebook to Instagram, SEO to Google Ads, Fabindia’s journey is a testament to the power of effective digital marketing. So, as we conclude this brief study, we invite you to take inspiration from Fabindia’s success and apply these insights to your own digital marketing endeavors. Fabindia Digital Marketing Strategies are not just strategies; they are a testament to the art of connecting with your audience in the digital age.